GIRS 0.1.0 (beta)¶
girs (Geographic Information and Remote Sensing) is a wrapper around gdal/ogr written in python with additional geoprocessing algorithms.
- Python bindings crashes if not used correctly. A wrapper class maintains the scope of gdal/ogr dataset, avoiding known gotchas (see https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/PythonGotchas).
- It is repository for diverse gdal and ogr geoprocessing methods
- It contains additional methods, extending gdal/ogr features.
GIRS supports operational geoprocessing using gdal/ogr.
GIRS is licensed under MIT license (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT).
GIRS is divided into the following packages:
- feat: feature data geoprocessing (ogr)
- raster: raster data geoprocessing (gdal)
- rasterfeat: geoprocessing combining features and rasters (ogr/gdal)
- Infos about gdal and others